COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
For the latest updates, text COVID to 692-692.
Para actualizaciones en español, envíe un mensaje de texto con COVIDESP al 692-692.
Call or Email Us for AssistancePhone: 212-777-1010
Get TestedGet Tested for COVID-19: NYC.gov/COVIDTEST
Text “COVID TEST” to 855-48
Get VaccinatedCOVID-19 Vaccine Information: NYC.gov/COVIDVACCINE
If you need assistance with food, utilities shut off notices, or pending evictions, please contact us:
CDC Guidelines on facemasks:
CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth to help prevent getting and spreading COVID-19.
- Wear a mask in public settings when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when indoors and when it may be difficult for you to stay six feet apart from people who don’t live with you.
- Wear a mask correctly for maximum protection.
- Wear your mask under your scarf, ski mask, or balaclava in cold weather
- Keep a spare mask to replace one that becomes wet from moisture in your breath, snow, or rain.
- Store wet reusable masks in a plastic bag until they can be washed.
- Put the mask around your neck or up on your forehead.
- Touch the mask, and, if you do, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
Free COVID-19 Testing
NYC Health + Hospitals will offer COVID-19 testing on a walk-in basis, with a priority for those over the age of 65 with pre-existing conditions that put them at risk for serious illness.
For All New Yorkers (Students, Seniors, & Adults)
Any New Yorker who wants one can get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up three meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
The Food Education Fund has established a website to gather all food-related information in one place, which will be continuously updated: Food Hub NYC
Seniors living in Manhattan can pick up free Grab-N-Go meals at any of the locations listed here: https://www.manhattanbp.nyc.gov/senior-center-grab-and-go-meal-distribution-list-current-as-of-friday-3-20-20/
Other Food Resources
The below resource guide includes information related to food access within the community, such as meals for students and seniors during this time, delivery services for people with disabilities, and resources for immigrants.
Text Alerts from Notify NYC
NotifyNYC is sending regular updates on the latest developments regarding coronavirus in New York City.
How To Receive Alerts:Text COVID to 692-692. For updates in Spanish, text COVIDESP to 692-692. You will receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments.
Para actualizaciones en español, envíe un mensaje de texto con COVIDESP al 692-692. Recibirá mensajes de texto regulares con las últimas noticias y novedades.
NYC Health + Hospitals
To contact a health care provider, dial 311, or contact NYC Health+Hospitals directly at 212-562-5555 (Bellevue) / 718-918-5700 (North Central Bronx)
To protect our patients, staff, and visitors, NYC Health + Hospitals has revised its Visitor Policy.
The NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene has a list of resources including prevention measures, information on staying at home and monitoring your health, and for businesses and schools.
ThriveNYC has has a list of Mental Health resources that New Yorkers can access while staying home.
The New York State Mental Health Hotline can be reached at 1-844-863-9314
NYC Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-621-HOPE
NYS Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-942-6906
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233
The NYC Department of Education will post updates related to school closures and remote learning on their website. As of March 16, 2020, all public schools will close until April 20, 2020.
Learning from Home
If your child needs a device for remote learning, visit: http://schools.nyc.gov/devices
For information and updates on the MTA’s response to the COVID-19 emergency.
Tax Deadline Extension Q&A
The IRS announced special Federal income tax return filing and payment relief in response to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) emergency. Below are answers to frequently asked questions related to the relief provided.
Stimulus Payment Information
The IRS is are offering help for taxpayers, businesses, tax-exempt organizations and others – including health plans – affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).
Payments For Social Security and Railroad Retirement Beneficiaries with Dependents
People in this group who have qualifying children under age 17 can visit IRS.gov and use the “Non-filers: Enter Payment Info Here” tool to claim the $500 payment per child.
World Health Organization (WHO)
The World Health Organization has a dedicated site to updates and recommendations regarding the coronavirus.