Our volunteers are vital in our mission to provide housing stability and economic independence among families, seniors, and youth of New York City.
If you are passionate about ending homelessness, becoming a volunteer at Nazareth Housing is where you can put this passion to work. From Louise’s Pantry, holiday parties, renewal projects, and special events, there are many opportunities to make a difference.
We are stronger when we work together, and so we welcome all those who wish to join us in our mission!
Louise’s Pantry is open every Tuesday in the Lower East Side and every Wednesday in the Bronx. We are looking for friendly volunteers to:
- Help clients put together pantry bags
- Assist seniors getting up and down the stairs
- Ease the flow of service
- Translate information for clients in Spanish, Mandarin, or Cantonese
Nazareth Housing hosts multiple special events throughout the year where volunteers are needed. Special events are a great opportunity for volunteers to make in impact in a variety of ways. They can:
- Distribute donated items to families
- Serve food
- Read to children
- Assist senior clients
- Engage in arts and crafts with children
From January to April, Nazareth Housing seeks qualified volunteers to assist community members electronically file their taxes.
Nazareth Housing frequently needs assistance with unique and exciting opportunities. These opportunities may require special skills or experience and is typically organized in direct conjunction with the volunteer group. Volunteers can:
- Revitalize building interiors
- Beautify building exteriors
- Organize theater camps
- Chaperone children’s trips to New York City landmarks
- Host a specialized workshop