Call or email now
for FREE tax preparation
For the past 14 years Nazareth Housing’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Tax Program has assisted families and individuals—including immigrants and ITIN holders, seniors, and those living with disabilities—receive their full tax refund while connecting them with services that build financial growth and security.
Do you qualify?
Nazareth Housing’s Virtual VITA Free Tax Preparation Program offers clients a secure, accurate, and safe way to file taxes. Who qualifies:
- Individuals earning less than $55,000/yr
- Families earning less than $70,000/yr
Government issued photo ID (driver’s license, passport, NYC ID)
Social Security ID card or ITIN card for ALL taxpayers and dependents
IRS Letter 6419 (Advance Child Tax Credit Payments)
Direct deposit information (bank routing and account number)
2022 Nazareth Housing's VITA Tax Program
Nazareth Housing’s Virtual VITA Free Tax Preparation Program offers clients a secure, accurate, and safe way to file taxes. The deadline to file 2021 tax returns is April 18, 2022.
- To limit in-person contact, our program will operate as a drop off/intake site only.
- Due to limited capacity we are only able to serve tax payers we assisted in 2021, 2020, and 2019.
- You must make an appointment to visit the tax site.
- IRS-trained and certified staff and volunteers prepare tax returns free of charge
- Tax documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness prior to preparation of tax return
- Careful review to ensure that tax payers receive all tax credits (Rebate Recovery Credit, EITC, Child Tax Credit, American Opportunity Tax Credit, etc) for which they are eligible
- Returns are filed electronically so that most tax payers receive their refunds within 7-10 business days.
We offer 2 options to file:
Schedule an appointment to drop off your documents at Nazareth Housing by appointment only. The rest of your experience will be virtual:
Step 1: Drop off tax documents in-person via appointment and complete in-person intake.
Step 2: Return prepared remotely by certified VITA tax preparer (all information is sent via encrypted file sharing systems).
Step 3: VITA Volunteer will schedule a review of your return via Zoom or Google Meet.
Step 4: Sign e-file forms electronically or in person at the intake site.
Step 5: Once your signature is received your return will be e-filed.