File your taxes for FREE with IRS-trained and certified volunteers
For the past 15 years Nazareth Housing’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Tax Program has assisted families and individuals—including immigrants and ITIN holders, seniors, and those living with disabilities—receive their full tax refund while connecting them with services that build financial growth and security.
Do you qualify?
Nazareth Housing’s VITA Free Tax Preparation Program offers clients a secure, accurate, and safe way to file taxes. Who qualifies:
- Individuals earning less than $55,000/yr
- Families earning less than $70,000/yr
2023 Nazareth Housing's VITA Tax Program
Nazareth Housing’s VITA Free Tax Preparation Program offers clients a secure, accurate, and safe way to file taxes. The deadline to file tax returns is April 18, 2023.
- You must make an appointment to visit the tax site.
- IRS-trained and certified staff and volunteers prepare tax returns free of charge
- Tax documents are reviewed for accuracy and completeness before the preparation of tax return
- Careful review to ensure that taxpayers receive all tax credits (Rebate Recovery Credit, EITC, Child Tax Credit, American Opportunity Tax Credit, etc.) for which they are eligible
- Returns are filed electronically so that most taxpayers receive their refunds within 7-10 business days.
We are at One Haven Plaza, located at 200 Avenue C, New York, NY 10009.
COVID Safety Guidelines
- All volunteers and VITA staff working on-site are fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required by all and will be provided as necessary.
- Appointments are required to ensure safe social-distancing.